How to manage, modify, create and fix partitions without Windows...
Posted by Andre V. on 02 April 2011 10:26 PM
Here are some of the reason why you'd want to manage, modify, create and fix partitions using Parted Magic (which doesn't use Windows)...
- Windows doesn't work
- Drive partition tables is broken or corrupt and "chkdsk" didn't fix it.
- You want to install multiple OS on the same drive
- You want to resize your partition(s) without risking corrupting it's data
- You want to convert your partition to a different filesystem
- You want a super-reliable, totally risk-free and safe way to do just about anything related to partitions.
Here's how to manage your partitions without using Windows...
Step 1: Launch Parted Magic. See instructions that came with your order on how to do this. Or see here.
Step 2: Click on this desktop icon...
Step 3: Partition Editor launches.
Step 4: Click here on how to perform various operations.
To fix errors, right click on one of the drives, and click: "Check" as you see in below picture...
Step 5: When finished, restart PC: Start » Logout
Address: 6 May St, Hornsby, NSW 2077, Australia
Copyright © , ProactivePatrol.com
, All Rights Reserved.